Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Introducing myself.

My name is María Paz Donoso. I'm 19 years old, and I live in a beautiful house in Rancagua city. I live with my mom and my brother.


I'm a journalism student because I'd like to know how mass media work, and their effect among the people. Mass media are opinion-creating tools, that can be used to watch over the exercise of power by the powerful ones, and I expect to use media to empower people.

In my free time, I love to watch anime and TV, in general. I love anime conventions, although they are beginning to look boring, in my opinion. They are repeating themselves every and every time, but I still go to major anime conventions (Anime Festival DX), with japanese artists like Masaki Endoh and Hironobu Kageyama.

In my house I have a cute cat. Recently I borrowed another cat, who had kittens. They were so cute! Now they are young cats, not used to humans.

I expect that this English course helps me to learn those pesky details of this language, that I always forget, and also, that it helps me to enhance my speaking abilities. I need to speak more English, because I dream to travel outside Chile. I'd love to go to Europe and North America, and there I'll need to speak English better than I currently do.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job, María Paz.

    The first thing you need to know is that you are a JOURNALIST and that the word MASS MEDIA is an uncountable noun, so it is singular.

    You get 2 points

    Paula

    P.S. And task 2?

    ReplyDelete