Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My blogging experience: The best of the english class this term

My blogging experience in the English class was very important. I enjoyed it, because it was a way of learning where I learnt from my own mistakes in grammar and vocabulary when the teacher checked my tasks. For example, in one of my first tasks, I learnt the adjectives must not be in plural, because this language is very mathematical, unlike Spanish, where we use words with more freedom.

Of course, I think this experience helps me to improve my English, when I’m writing or speaking in English, because allows me to improve my grammar and vocabulary when I’m expressing my ideas. Also, I can write faster than before the course and I learnt about little details in grammar that I didn’t care for when I wrote my things in English.

Blogging, in English classes, has a lot of advantages. First of all, it was a personalized way to learn grammar and vocabulary, following my own rhythm. I could improve style and redaction, learn new words, and the meaning they have got in English. Practice was another important factor. As I practiced, writing in English, I could do it faster and better. And I think blogging was our first step into the future, when we, journalists, will need to write essays or articles for newspapers. I learnt doing, according to my own mistakes and defects, with the help of dictionaries and grammar lessons, that, through a quick access, allow me a quicker learning.

It has a serious disadvantage though: the time.. It was too late. Many students were tired and when we wrote, we couldn’t express ourselves well, and the tasks were written, many times, without any motivation.

To conclude, the best part of this English course, in my opinion, was the blogging experience. Although grammar, listening and theory lessons are important, blogging allows to practice those abilities and, effectively, improve each one’s level and expression, in the English language. We can learn of our own mistakes and improve it in the next task. With the blog, we are learning to do something that we are going to need day by day. To make sentences that will enable us to communicate ideas is important for us. And the best, is that we could learn from our own mistakes with a digital tool that a journalist will be going to use every day in our jobs, maybe. That’s the best of this pre-intermediate English course. Certainly, it’s a very good way of learning.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mará Paz,

    I´m glad you enjoyed it and you really did improve your English. Congratulations.

    This is the marking criteria used:

    All aspects of the task are very well handled. 3 points.

    Excellent use of lexical resources.
    3 points.

    Grammar is excellent and almost error-free.
    3 points.

    Score: 9 points Grade: 7.0

    Paula

    ReplyDelete